Bismillahir Rahmanir Rahim
People of all religions are observing their own religion In Bangladesh peacefully. In this situation, this Ulama Conference is accepting following recommendations against those who are destroying the peace and discipline of the country through creating different chaotic activities including bomb blast, terrorism and assassination; and trying to hinder natural lifestyles of the people badly creating panic and frightening environment.
1. Who want to disorder natural environment spoiling peaceful environment; create chaos and harm, they are enemies of Islam. They deserve severe punishment in the hereafter. It is needed, if necessary, to take serious steps to stop their misdeeds. Allah Taa'la says in the Holy Quraan: “The recompense of those who wage war against Allah and His Messenger and do mischief in the land is only that they shall be killed or crucified or their hands and their feet be cut off on the opposite sides, or be exiled from the land.” (Al-Ma'idah:33)
2. Allah Taa'la says in the Holy Quraan: ''that if anyone killed a person not in retaliation of murder, or (and) to spread mischief in the land - it would be as if he killed all mankind, and if anyone saved a life, it would be as if he saved the life of all mankind.'' (Al-Ma'idah:32). Presently, those who are killing human being by bomb blasts or any other illegal ways are the killers of whole mankind. They are not only the enemies of Islam; rather they are enemies of whole mankind.
3. If any kinds of enmity arise toward any country, nation or race due to any cause, there is no permissibility in Islam to treat them with injustice ways. Allah Ta’ala says: ''and let not the enmity and hatred of others make you avoid justice. Be just: that is nearer to piety, and fear Allah. Verily, Allah is Well Acquainted with what you do''. (Al-Mumtahina:8-9)
4. In a peaceful society, where all citizens fully enjoy their social, economic and religious rights, creation of anarchy is not approvable by any means. In such cases peaceful co-existence policy is a duty of every citizen. Jihad, Qital or fighting of Islam aims at establishing peace, safety and security, not at destroying them. Once a man asked Sa’ad (R.) : has not Allah Ta'ala said : “fight against them until temptation is removed and 'Deen' becomes for Allah only”. Then Sa’ad said: ''We have fought until temptation has been removed and you and your companions want to create temptation'' (Sahih Muslim). It is clear that there is no scope for the creation of anarchy in a civilized, stable and peaceful society.
5. It is one of the major responsibilities of the state to take measures according to rules against terrorists after arresting them in order to ensure peace and security of the common people of the country. Today's conference is fervently appeal to all concerned to discharge this responsibility properly.
6. It is very necessary to hand over the persons carrying out bomb explosions and terrorist activities in peaceful atmosphere. This conference fervently appeals to all peace-loving citizens : if they know their whereabouts and activities they should inform the same to law enforcing agencies.
7. Islam is a simple and well-balanced code of life. Extremism is not acceptable in Islam. Allah wishes easiness for His servants not hardship for them Allah Ta’ala says: “Allah wants easiness for you; not hardship for you.” (Surah Al- Baqarah: 185)
8. Recently we have been learning about confused explanation of Islam, Iman, Kufr, Nifaq, Shirk, Jahiliah and Jihad from some persons. Consequently extremism arises in the society. This conference strongly believes that superficial knowledge about the different important aspects of Islam and the lack of proficiency in Arabic language are attributable to this confusion and erroneous explanations. So, this conference fervently calls all people of the country to reject those who are spreading confusion among the people by putting up strange explanation of different aspect of Islam disregarding the views of the authentic scholars.
9. Because of extremist attitude and superficial knowledge, a group of people trying to establish Islamic Government through violence instead of the disciplined codes prescribed by our religion. But unfortunately such extreme views have been receiving undue circulation among the common people due to the lack of proper understanding of 'Islam' and 'Shariah' from the authentic sources of reliable Islamic scholars, books and publications. This conference urges upon all concerned to be careful of acquiring knowledge from such half-educated people. This conference also advises all concerned to consult knowledgeable Ulamas for perfect and unequivocal knowledge about all aspects of 'Shariah'.
10. Before taking measures against anyone on charge of bomb explosions and terrorism, it is very essential to make proper investigation against the charge according to the rules, so that Justice is not denied and Human Rights is not violated.
11. People arrested on charge of their involvement in any act of terrorism or indiscipline are considered innocent until their crimes are proved. It is, therefore, not lawful by no ways to term any body as terrorist or to dishonor him carrying out propaganda against him.
12. It is not desirable to arrest any citizen for harassment or oppress him in remand without any witness and evidence. It is also not desirable to create terrible and frightening environment in the society in the name of arrest.
13. It is very necessary to take enough measures to rectify the spirit and thought of citizens who choose self destructive way of terrorism and explosions inspired by the wrong faith and idea. This conference calls the Government to keep it’s door of negotiation and forgiveness open if anyone wants to leave this kinds of crime and come back to the right path.
14. Bomb explosions, terrorism and suicide attack is a national problem which deserves unified effort. This conference believes that the cordial effort of every conscience citizen of the country can make the problem solved without blaming each other. So, the conference fervently calls people of all levels including political parties, religious leaders and leaders of different professional organizations and journalists of Electronic and Print media to come forward to solve the problem.
15. According to Islam suicide is a Kabirah (Great Sin). If anyone kill himself his destination will be the Jahannam (Hell). Allah Taa’la says: “And you shall not kill yourselves. Allah is merciful to you”. The messenger of Allah said: “Who make suicide by any instrument of this Earth; he will be punished in the Hereafter by the same thing”. The messenger of Allah also said: “A person was wounded in the Jihad and he made suicide for not enduring the pain of wound, then Allah Taa’la said: “My servant took his life himself early, so I made my Jannah (Heaven) prohibited for him”.
So, according to Islam, those who are killing themselves by making suicide attacks in
they are involved in great sin. Bangladesh
اللهم وفقنا لما تحب وترضى من القول والفعل والعمل والنية والإرادة والهدى- إنك على كل شيئ قدير.